Darrel Smith for Kankakee County Sheriff 2014
Darrel Smith is a motivated professional with over 20 years of civilian law
enforcement / corrections experience, coupled with 20 years United States
Air Force leadership and management experience (Major, USAF (retired)),
seeking election as Sheriff of Kankakee County.
- High level experience of management and supervision
- Over 20 years of law enforcement experience
- Experience enforcing policies and procedures
- Retired Major United States Air Force
- Experience using accountability tools effectively
- Coordinator and organization leadership
- Chief of Community Services, Kankakee County Sheriff’s Police
- Chair Conference Committee for Illinois State TRIAD Conference
- Director of Human Resources: United States Air Force Office of
Special Investigations (AFOSI)
- Commander (Chief), AFOSI Increased case productivity by 300
percent in three year period with over 97 percent conviction rate.
- Managed department within budgetary constraints while
enhancing facilities, equipment and training of all personnel.
- Deputy Commander (Deputy Chief) AFOSI, managed investigators
throughout Alaska and two Canadian provinces
- Management of multi-million dollar budgets
- Bachelor's degree Social Justice Programs
- Master's degree Human Resource Development
Knowledge and Experience
Darrel has an in depth knowledge
and passion for the profession of
Darrel will bring leadership and
management experience to the
Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office.
and Public Safety
Darrel plans to increase accountability
and transparency along with
improving community relations and
Darrel will ensure that public funds are
spent responsibly and strive for better
public safety and street presence.
All rights reserved.
Paid for by campaign committee to elect Darrel Smith for Kankakee County Sheriff.
A copy of our report is or will be on file with the Illinois State Board of Elections.
Darrel Smith For Sheriff